If you’re looking for a new healthy recipe, here’s a really super simple Green Bean Potato Curry — a vegan curry to add to your dinner rotations, that is budget-friendly and only has 8 ingredients & needs no fancy spices. Just add pHresh greens® raw alkalizing superfood to this, and voila! Your body can already enjoy the recommended servings of vegetables daily!
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 4 large cloves of garlic chopped finely
- 5 heaping cups potatoes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pHresh greens®
- 2 cups water
- 2 heaping cups fresh green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk full fat or light
- 1 tablespoon agave
- Himalayan salt & pepper to taste
- Warm a large pan over medium heat. Add a couple of tablespoons of water and sauté the onions until translucent ( you can use 1 tablespoon of oil rather than water if you prefer).
- Add the garlic and curry powder and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cornstarch and stir well to distribute then gradually add the water, stirring as you go to work out any lumps.
- Pour in the potatoes, cover with a lid and allow them to cook through, giving it a quick stir every 5 minutes or so. You can check the potatoes by piercing them with a fork.
- When the potatoes are tender (it will take around 15 minutes) remove them from the heat, add the green beans then add the coconut milk. Do it in that order to avoid curdling issues. The green beans will lower the heat of what's in the pan before you add the coconut milk.
- Add the agave and stir really well.
- Return to a medium/low heat and allow everything to warm through again and the beans to cook (about 7-10 minutes). Some bite left in the beans is good and remember that they will continue cooking a little while you are plating up.
- Add pHresh greens® and stir really well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and as soon as the beans are tender it is ready to serve.
It’s undeniable that it’s idealistic to expect everyone to be able to eat healthy vegetables every day, hence pHresh greens® could provide that bridge between our lifestyles and health. This green superfood powder offers 16 nutrient-dense, raw vegetables, cereal grasses, and algae that were carefully selected for their highly alkalizing properties!
To know more healthy recipes with our superfood powder, visit pHresh Products!